Effective date: 04/08/2021
Last update: 06/20/2023
We won’t use your personal details or payment details for anything other than providing our services. We don’t sell or share them with anyone.
We use your personal information as this Privacy Statement describes. No matter where you are, where you live, or what your citizenship is, we provide the same high standard of privacy protection to all our users around the world, regardless of their country of origin or location.
What information Think in Italian collects
Think in Italian collects information directly from you for your registration, payment, transactions, and user profile.
We also automatically collect from you your usage information, cookies, and device information, subject, where necessary, to your consent.
We only collect the minimum amount of personal information necessary from you, unless you choose to provide more.
We don’t knowingly collect information from children under 13, and we don’t collect Sensitive Personal Information.
How Think in Italian uses your information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- We use your Registration Information to create your account and to provide you the Service.
- We use your Payment Information to provide you with the paid memberships, downloadable products, or any other paid service you request.
- We use your User Personal Information, specifically your username, to identify you on Think in Italian.
- We use your Profile Information to fill out your Account profile and to share that profile with other users if you ask us to.
- We use your email address to communicate with you, if you’ve said that’s okay, and only for the reasons you’ve said that’s okay.
- We use User Personal Information to respond to support requests.
- We use User Personal Information and other data to make recommendations for you, such as to suggest learning materials.
- We may use User Personal Information to invite you to take part in surveys, beta programs, or other research projects, subject, where necessary, to your consent.
- We use Usage Information and Device Information to better understand how our Users use Think in Italian and to improve our Website and Service.
- We may use your User Personal Information if it is necessary for security purposes or to investigate possible fraud or attempts to harm Think in Italian or our Users.
- We may use your User Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, protect our intellectual property, and enforce our Terms of Service.
- We limit our use of your User Personal Information to the purposes listed in this Privacy Statement. If we need to use your User Personal Information for other purposes, we will ask your permission first.
How we share the information we collect
We may share your information with third parties under one of the following circumstances: with your consent, with our service providers, for security purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, or when there is a change of control or sale of corporate entities or business units.
We do not sell your personal information and we do not host advertising on Think in Italian.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Other important information
How you can access and control the information we collect
We provide ways for you to access, alter, or delete your personal information.
We only use strictly necessary cookies to provide, secure and improve our service. We offer a page that makes this very transparent.
How Think in Italiansecures your information
We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal information on Think in Italianand to protect the resilience of our servers.
Think in Italian’s global privacy practices
We provide the same high standard of privacy protection to all our users around the world.
How we communicate with you
We communicate with you by email. You can control the way we contact you in your account settings, or by contacting us.
In the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve a privacy concern quickly and thoroughly, we provide a path of dispute resolution.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We notify you of material changes to this Privacy Statement 30 days before any such changes become effective. You may also track changes in our Site Policy repository.
This Privacy Statement is licensed under the Creative Commons Zero license.
Please feel free to contact us at stefano[at]thinkinitalian.com if you have questions about our Privacy Statement.