How can I learn Italian online with native speakers?
We know learning a new language can be daunting at first with all the grammar rules, dictionaries, audio and reading materials, memorizing and translating… the list seems to go on, but there are many techniques for making language learning interesting and not overwhelming.
One, in particular, is exercising your communication skills with native speakers, even if you are a beginner and are not sure if you speak correctly. Remember, Italian is said to be one of the easiest languages for English speakers to learn.
The ways you can learn Italian online with native speakers is through live tutoring, online courses, and language exchange applications.
Italian study time calculator
Are you in a hurry? Find out how long it will take you to reach your target level of Italian with my free calculator.
It only takes 3 minutes!
Just fill out this simple form to find your ideal study schedule and get on the right track.
I’ll create your free lifetime account to store your study plan so that you may review it at any time. I’ll take you to your dashboard where you’ll find all my free resources.
On your dashboard, you’ll get to take some of my courses for free. I’ll also send you my best offers and free resources by email. You may opt out at any time.
Yes, all this is free for you!
1000s of happy learners on their way to fluency
Using Live tutoring to master Italian allows you to practice conversation, exercise what you’ve learned so far, and solve persisting grammar questions once and for all.
With Think in Italian Live Tutoring, you will have one on one lessons with hand-picked tutors who will provide custom guidance based on your needs and goals. Following only one rule: communication first.
But what is Live tutoring like?
- Think in Italian; tutors share the method of teaching through examples rather than grammar rules.
- They’re also familiar with the learning materials available on the website and have used them to create an excellent learning experience based on reviewing what you know and solving your grammar doubts.
- At last but not least, tutors also make great conversation partners.
Here is a guide to finding the best Italian tutor online fitted to your specific needs.
Online courses can be an effective alternative if they follow the conversational method based on talking, listening, and repeating what you hear. One of the best courses available on the market is Ripeti con me, an Italian audio course that teaches you to think directly in Italian without relying on translation or grammar rules and focuses on active speaking.
For many students learning online can be perceived as a disadvantage, but on the contrary, it has a lot of benefits, such as schedule flexibility, better time management, and improved technical skills, just to name a few. Here you can find the best tools and resources to learn Italian online, a library of lessons and study tips, and a list of great Italian online courses.
Languatalk offers language lessons, resources, and opportunities to practice speaking and listening to Italian with native speakers. The platform typically helps learners improve their language skills by providing personalized lessons, interactive exercises, and opportunities for conversation practice.
Language Exchange Applications
The third way of learning Italian online with native speakers is through language exchange applications. Essentially, the application matches a user wanting to learn your language with another user who is a native speaker. The idea is to help learn and correct each other through chat, voice notes, and in some cases, video calls. Think of it as a tandem group online.
There are countless applications to choose from but don’t be anxious and take it easy because we’ve made a list of the most effective ones and an in-depth review of Italki, a website to find tutors.
You can also try a community forum specifically created for Italian students to practice language skills like writing and talking. It can also be helpful for asking questions and meeting other students.
What are the benefits of learning online with native speakers?
- You will understand better when spoken to and when you find yourself in a conversation because you will be used to a native voice.
- You will correct pronunciation and accents as you speak, also improving your speaking confidence.
- You will have 1 on 1 grammar rule explanations with everyday examples and real-life situations.
- You will improve language usage in addition to learning new expressions and gestures that will prompt you to speak.
- You will overcome the language barrier by understanding spoken language easily.
- You will learn new vocabulary, phrases, sentence structures, and grammar patterns naturally.
- You will be exposed to idioms, dialects, and slang making you much more familiar with Italy and its culture.
- You will learn in a more productive, fun, and informative way through conversations.
- You will have more intensive lessons because you’ll put into practice everything you learned.
Learning online with native speakers is fundamental
Learning a new language can be fun and games until you travel to the country and don’t seem to understand anything at all. But don’t worry; you’ve done nothing wrong it’s just some learning methods are not centered around conversation.
That is a flaw because the reality is, practicing with native speakers is fundamental: you will achieve real results by putting your knowledge to the test and having real-time feedback.
Don’t forget to check out the plans and courses for starting your Italian journey now and speak your way to fluency.
Still translating in your head? Wanna speak Italian for real? Check out Stefano's courses to think directly in Italian and become fluent fast!